NJ real estate in Millburn, Short Hills, Essex Fells, Livingston Chatham Summit, Montclair, Madison, Maplewood
About Mike & Claudia
ike and his wife Claudia are full time licensed New Jersey real estate professionals.
Mike & Claudia specialize in real estate in Essex, Morris and Union Counties.
They know the area in detail and love showing and sharing homes with clients.
Mike was in the Ambassador's Club in 2004 and 2005, the Weichert sales and marketing club and the NJAR Circle of Excellence.
Before entering the real estate industry, Mike had a great deal of experience in the construction industry working with builders, contractors and architects. He also has special expertise in remodeling and new construction.
During many of these years Mike was Sales Manager, Consultant, Director of Customer Relations for major national building products manufacturers.
On a personal basis, Mike grew up in New Jersey and attended colleges in Minnesota and Philadelphia.
Mike and his real estate partner Claudia are the parents of two grown sons who both graduated from Millburn High School.
Mike & Claudia have been residents of Millburn/Short Hills for over 30 years.
Claudia and her husband Mike are full time licensed New Jersey real estate professionals.
Claudia & Mike specialize in real estate in Essex, Morris and Union Counties. They know the area in detail and love showing and sharing homes with clients.
Before entering the real estate industry, Claudia was the owner of telecommunications company and prior to that she was the manager of a successful home sold products business.
On a personal basis, Claudia grew up in NYC and received a BA from George Washington University and an MA from Hunter College in Speech Pathology and Audiology (she began her career as a special education teacher).
Claudia and her real estate partner are the parents of two grown sons who both graduated from Millburn High School.
Claudia & Mike have been residents of Millburn/Short Hills for over 30 years.
Claudia is a Member of the Board - Millburn/Short Hills Chamber of Commerce.
Tips for Buyers
ere are some helpful tips if you are buying a home in Millburn, Short Hills, Essex Fells, Livingston, Chatham, Summit, Montclair, Madison.
- Find out your credit score by checking with any or all of the three credit reporting agencies: Equifax, TransUnion and Experian.
- If going to be going for a new mortgage remember it is important to have paid all your bills on time especially your mortgage payments as late payments can effect your credit score.
- Be careful if getting lending services from a website vs. a local mortgage company or bank. Internet mortgage companies will give you several lending services to choose from but because the lenders charge different fees it can be hard to tell the real differences online.
- Ask your loan officer if you as a homebuyer have to pay private mortgage insurance if you put down less than 20 percent as a down payment. Some lenders charge for private mortgage insurance and some do not.
- Be sure to carefully inspect the good faith estimate of closing costs provided by the lender. Also remember that title insurance and legal fees have to be figured in too.
- Decide whether it is better to pay points to get a lower interest rate on your mortgage. Your real estate attorney can help you with this calculation.
- Be sure to hire a local home inspection service to check the home before the final closing. Sometimes your realtor can provide you with a local service but it is also easy to find this service in your local yellow pages.
- Do your own research on real estate values in your area. Here are some sites that sellers and buyers can both utilize:
ere are a few suggestions to consider when selling your home.
- Look for an agent or sales representative that works for a full service agency unless you are going to do a lot of the marketing yourself.
- Make sure your agent has at least five years of experience and an up to date license with the state.
- A good real estate agent/broker will give you a full marketing and advertising plan for your home. This plan can include holding open houses, brochures, newspaper advertising, local magazines, website and online advertising.
- Ask what kind of negotiating training or experience your broker to be has.
- Ask for references and try to make sure they are all fairly recent.
- Be sure that the agency and agent you go with is a Multiple Listing Service agency. This way all other agents can see and show your home to their clients based on what they see on the database.
- Do your own research on real estate values in your area. Here are some sites that sellers and buyers can both utilize.
Below is a list of the pages in this Web site, where you will find helpful information, whether you are buying or selling a home in Millburn, Short Hills, Essex Fells, Livingston, Chatham, Summit, Montclair, Madison.